Sadhguru Day 4

Torturous boredom. Another hour spent learning Suyra Namaskara A. At my weekend yoga class, we do Suyra Namaskara A, B, C plus variations. All without any of this ridiculous, over protective fuss. Disjointed, contextless snippets of other pieces of the meditation that this is supposed to be about. Sadhguru's presentation becomes more and more rambling, like he's just sitting up there having a good ol stream of consciousness dialogue with some random peasants he met on a southern indian street corner.

The volunteers have descended into full robot mode. They concern themselves with minuatae, and send me back to the hall when I appear to be straying too far from the womblike stuffiness of the conference center on one of the breaks. Perhaps I'm getting out of range of Sadhgurus vibe and they think I will bolt. They tell me off when I try and take a few notes. I've seen this sense of over-importance before at the Landmark Forum. Desparate for meaning, they hang on to their Guru's ever word, incapable of independent thought, trying to absorb Sadhguru's thinking and experience as their own. Blindfolded seekers, not self aware seekers. I feel irritation, yet tinged by pity and compassion.

I have to suppress my laugther when Sadhguru even identifies what is happening with his own volunteers. 'Devotees end up looking like idiots to everyone else' . 'But keep in mind, what they are experiencing probably feels miraculous'.

After lunch - Saturday is a full day - we watch a video about Ayuverdic food philosophy. Nothing new here for me either, any new age magazine has an article or two on negative and positive pranic foods. I am fighting off sleep, which of course creates another visit from the every watchful volunteers.

I end the day wondering if I will be back in the morning.

Popular Posts

Image

Binaural Beats