Sadhguru Day 5

Weird. Weirder. WEIRDEST!!!! What has dogdeball got to do with meditation? OK, I know, it's the point of the course where any wise guru needs to get a little interaction happening to stop us banging our heads on our meditation pillows.

Actually, I did pretty well in the dodgeball.

Anyway, after a couple of hours of silly physical games first thing, people felt quite a bit lighter. Which was good, because after yesterday the energy did seem a little choking. We finally were allowed to put all the pieces together to learn the meat of this seminar, a interesting mediation technique that combines physical yoga, breathing, chanting and silence.

We received a bit more background along the way into the Isha foundations charitable works in Southern Indian. Plus some insight into the supremely weird Dhyanalinga which seems to be Sadhguru's contribution to the world of oddball spiritual artifacts at the grandest possible scale. But, being a meditator for many years, I would not say no to spending an hour in the presence of this... thing.


Sadhruru led the initiation into our new world of anicent yogic science, with a lot of build up to program us with the belief that our world would collapse if we ever share the details, so I have to be vague in order to prevent bad karma. What I can say, is that he certainly has mastery at how to get a bunch of people pretty worked up. It must be absolutely incredible to participate in some of his mass meditation events with 200,000 Southern Indians in the crowd under a hot Coimbatore night. One would expect a heck of a lot of screaming and moaning, based on what he achieve with a bunch of Southern Michiganders.

The most interesting thing for me was, I was utterly calm. In amongst the hysterical breakdowns, ninety decible drumming soundtrack, and Sadhguru's intense Sanskit chanting, I felt suspended in a oasis of silence.

My beautiful bubble of personal silence continued as we ended the day. I stayed pleasantly disconnected with the usual devotion and elation that people show when a gaping hole opens up in their known universe. In the past, my detachment from the devotation aspects of ritualistic humanity have left me feeling like I was missing something.

This time, I had the Buddha's smile.

Namaste

Popular Posts

Image

Binaural Beats