Discovering the Equations of Success

The secret that I discovered turned out to be more simple than I could ever imagine. Most of the self development techniques I had learned were way over-complicating things. In the process of overcomplicating things, what had got lost from these techniques and practices was the balance between two critical aspects of all success: removing emotional lobstacles,  and refocusing energy on the actual, concrete actions required to create the outcome you want.

I call this the Success/Outcome equation.


When I was was a highly energized teenage, I achieved almost every goal I decided to. The biggest reason? Huge amounts of energy. Without enough energy, people simply give up achieving the outcomes they really want.  Often, they talk themselves out of taking action even before they take the first significant step to moving towards their goal, because they know that they will not have the energy to take action.



The issue most people have
with success is simple.  
They just don't have enough
energy to achieve the
outcomes they want in life

So, lets look at achieving the outcome you want. You figure out what action to take, and take it. If you are smart, you make a plan with a whole bunch of actions in it right at the start. In fact, this is what I do for a living. I'm a professional project manager, paid to figure out the thousands of extremely complex tasks required to install computer systems around the world. From this, I also know that you definitely do not have to have project management skills to be successful at the things most people want to do in life. In real life, for real people, most of the time, we actually need very simple techniques, not complicated corporate project management.

I call this the Outcome equals Action equation.


You will achieve the outcome you want, when you have taken as many actions as it needs to get there. No more, no less. Again the most basic reason that people don't achieve the outcomes they want in life is that people give up too soon, get discouraged, get embarrassed, overwhelmed by uncertainty etc. They will often disguise the real reason for their lack of success (not taking enough action) within their self-sabotaging beliefs about life. Something like 'I'm never lucky". "The Law of Attraction doesn't work for me". "I'm no good at sales" etc.

So the question becomes, how do I get better at taking action? 

Popular Posts

Image

Binaural Beats