From Overachiever to Spiritual Seeker

Before I start explaining the incredible power of this technique to increase your Pure Energy of Creation, I want to share a little about my personal history.

As a teenager, I was the classic overachiever.
 As well as being a  'straight A' high school student, I  represented my country internationally as an athlete at age 17. And I had the pick of choosing to study almost anything I wanted to as I started my university education. Because I excelled at basically everything I put my attention on, my physics teacher wanted me to be a scientist, my art teacher wanted me to be an artist, and my English teacher wanted me to be, well, I guess get a liberal arts degree and then decide what to be...

So my biggest problem at this time was finding a profession where I felt I could integrate my varied talents. I ended up choosing industrial design, which brings together materials science, drawing, photography, creativity, economics, and a host of other skills to produce the mass produced products we use every day. Uncompromising commitment to industrial design is the hidden power behind the success of the iPad and iPhone, the image and technology of BMW automobiles, or the status of owning a Rolex.

I ended up becoming a finalist in a major international design competition, and subsequently interned at one of the most sophisticated and successful consumer products companies  in the world at that time at their global headquarters in Tokyo. But somehow, after this run of success, a series of emotional obstacles started to overwhem me. These emotional obstacles were like layers of thick paint over my core energy.  I ended up feeling burnt out and directionless, unable to leverage the success that I experienced as a student into a profitable and successful career.

Don't get me wrong, even in this state, I was probably still more motivated and goal orientated than 90% of the population. It's just that I was dissatisfied with many of the ideas and life pathways that I was 'supposed' to be excited about. I increasingly felt that something was missing from every career pathway or job opportunity that I looked at. And the problem was, these emotional obstacles, over some years, shut me down from the creative powerhouse I had experienced myself as being while in my teens and early twenties.

By age 25,
 I didn't know what I would
 be doing the next month, 
let alone the next year 
and parties seem to be 
the biggest drawcard 
of my week.

To change this, over a fifteen year period, I did a huge range of self development seminars and techniques, trying to get back the energy that I felt for those short, heroic, daring years of my youth. I lived in Japan, Germany and the USA to seek the secrets of different cultural viewpoints,  chanted OM with Indian gurus, meditated in Zen temples, read hundreds of books, spent thousands on state of the art mental techniques in the USA, and listened to hundreds of hours of brain altering binaural CDs. 

Along this path, I got married, learned another language fluently, created a respectable, secure salaried job in global high technology company, bought a house and had two children. But gaining and maintaining these  living expectations required all the creative energy I had, and frequently left me exhausted every week. On my fortieth birthday, I felt huge gratitude for an immensely fulfilling life, but also a deep sadness that I didn't have enough energy anymore to really live those outrageous dreams that make life really living.

And then one day, my wife, who is a successful business coach, introduced me to an unusual self-help technique called Emotional Freedom Technique (EFT). I started to play with the technique a little to investigate and understand the amount of energy I had to apply to my life goals. At first I didn't even  really expect EFT it to teach me anything I didn't already know or understand.


Popular Posts

Image

Binaural Beats