Neuro-reprogramming report

Over the last months I did a month long 'neuro-reprogramming' experiment, based on a free webinar from John Assaraf.

Using a mixture of alpha state meditation, EFT, Pure Energy of Creation (my own technique) and precision visualization, I logged results for 30 days.

The basic research protocol was 30mins per day, for 30 days, with results logged in a journal that I created in excel. I focused on the topic of my online trading, which is an endeavor which engages equal parts luck, randomness, emotion, skill, frustration, guts, patience and self-delusion. In other words, ideal for brain research!

Interestingly, since my discovery of the 'Pure Energy of Creation' technique in September or so, I've  focused a lot more on tracking actions and progress. This is ironic for me, as for so many years my self development research led towards the more spiritual, intangible aspects of consciousness (such as my Touching Infinity meditation). Now things seem to be leading more and more back to a more scientific, results and measurement based approach.

During my neuro-reprogamming month, lots of interesting things happened. In fact, the intensity of the experiences that it brought could have resulted in a a whole bunch of colds and flu that I was affected with most of the month. David Rock describes nicely how doing mental work can be observed to be a form of physical effort. Certainly I am exhausted often by the work that I do at HP, which recently has involved looking for hard to spot patterns in large amounts of data in order to increase the efficiency of how we manage computing assets. It's a  bit like doing data jigsaw puzzles or sudoku 40 hrs a week.

Correlating my concentrated brain reprogramming with physical health is pretty tenuous. But breaking existing fear thresholds around risking thousands of dollars online trading could well have resulted in the physical symptoms of having a light flu. On the other hand, the Michigan winter and too much wine at pre-christmas parties can also have that affect. Correlating my efforts at reprogramming to actual trading results seemed pretty tenuous as well. I did increase the size of trade I was doing, resulting in some larger than expected losses. However, then the randomness and luck kicked in, and made a spectacular three week gain, only to lose most of it through lack of coherent exit strategy.

What does seem to be the case is that when you start reprogramming yourself in one area, the results may not necessarily occur exactly as you expect. This is true of a lot of self development I have done - you shift some belief system, you feel like something changed, but the results are not exactly what you were visualizing.

Popular Posts

Image

Binaural Beats