Avatar Wizard Course

Avatar Wizard Course in Orlando, Florida.

The Avatar Wizards course really pushes peoples buttons. Firstly, it's stupidly expensive for most people. At $7500 US dollars for 13 days, it requires a major financial commitment. Add accommodation and getting there, and you're easily going to spend $10K for 2 weeks.

Secondly, it makes quite outrageous claims, and the people who have already become 'Wizards' give absurdly vague statements about just how weird but wonderful the things that happen during those 13 days. Just read that gushy Avatar sales literature and you would think they are handing out two weeks worth of ecstacy and LSD at the door when you arrrive. So the expectations are high.

But of what exactly? Enlightenment? Spiritual freedom. Curiousity. Spiritual self flagellation? When I went for the first time in 1996, I arrived with a mixture of fear and excitement. My ride on the Avatar train had been fast. After the Avatar course, I had changed how I operated in relationships, how I interacted with people socially, and how I perceived myself spiritually.


Harry Palmer, founder of Avatar, giving one of his daily lectures at the Avatar Wizard Course


At the Avatar Master course, I experienced psychic near death experiences, smashed through personal paradigms of love and sexuality, and moved away from my home town of 25 years just a few months afterwards. I doubled my income, bought a sports car, hung out with the maddest new age fruitcakes I could find...and saved for Wizards...

Finally it was time. The first thing I remember was the appalling platter of nachos I had when we arrived at the hotel in Orlando, after the long trip from Auckland, New Zealand. In New Zealand, cheese is greesy stuff where you can still taste the milk. In the USA, cheese has the texture of plastic, the color of house paint and comes in bottles. Weird.

It just got weirder. The first days of the thirteen you spend at Wizards are just a drag. Endless, rather tedious exercises about clearing up integrity, dishonesty, and other inconvenient baggage that clog up our ability to evolve. But somewhere in there, about day two or three, cracks start showing up in people. You'll be running one of the Avatar mental processes on a partner, when all of a sudden you'll find yourself overwhelmed with compassion. You might catch something in their eyes, or their body language, often you are not even sure what it is. But it floors you. Right there, at that moment, there is a connection with another human being that is so pure, so unfiltered, so magical, so utterly here and now. It's as if you suddenly acquire a sixth sense for goodness, for the best in people, for seeing right into their hearts, their most repressed emotions and their deepest thoughts.

And, other people see it in you. You start getting these glances from people. I call them the 'Namaste' look. I see you. You don't need to talk, you don't need to tell me anything. We look at each other and we are knowing. We are knowing each others hearts, we are knowing each others minds, and we are leaving each other alone, too, even alone in pain of self inflicted suffering that I would love to spare you.

There is no dogma in Avatar. There is no one God. They is no right belief. There is no false sympathy, no false hope. People look at each other, and marvel at the beliefs that one another have created. Some of us have created beliefs that turns life into outrageous success, and others have created beliefs that have turned life into unmitigated disaster. We admire it all.

The toughest day for me was always where the Avatar founder, Harry Palmer, does a lecture on 'Rightous Cause'. I've been to Wizards five times, and I still can't figure out exactly how many layers of dogma this lecture seeks to uncover. It's so many I have lost count on the belief systems I've had to challenge based on that single hour. Just that one lecture from Harry is a miniature course on the ethics of being human, starting from as deep inside yourself as you will ever dare to go. That hour changed my life. Not once, but five times.

If you are on the Avatar path, and you'll going to Wizards, namaste. And good luck.

You'll need it.

Popular Posts

Image

Binaural Beats